Friday, June 10

Random @Southern Cross Station

I remembered a time last year when I was suddenly cursed by a young lady trying to catch her train. The incident happened at Southern Cross Station, Melbourne.

It was a chilly night back then. I can't fully recall how I ended up at the station. But from the pieces of memories I have, all I remember was that I was walking through the ticket validation machine and I was collecting my ticket when suddenly this girl who was trying to validate her ticket at the machine next to me didn't manage to do so.


It's just human nature to be curious and wanting to know what happened which caused me to turn my head and looked at what was going on. And it just so happened that at that time, after trying for several times without success, she jumped over the machine's divider (the one that will automatically open once your ticket's validated). And as if that's not enough, while jumping, she saw me looking at her with probably an awkward expression on my face or perhaps just expressionless.

With that, I guess the self-defence reflexes within her body just suddenly burst out with chemicals and that quickly ran into her bloodstream which then activated her natural impulses to try and cover up her whole action. After those series of split second adrenaline, the only sentence I was able to comprehend coming out of her mouth was 'fu** of*!'


And that left me dumbfounded.

Moral of the story: Never ever turn to look at the person next to you even when you feel like you're dying to know what's going on. Instead, straight away ask, "How can I help you miss?" If you do that, please let me know what happens next. Thank you.