Monday, January 16

The most awful day...

This most unwanted incident happened to me yesterday. I think yesterday was the most awful day in the whole week not to mention that it was sunday, the last day of the week. What happened? I'll tell you what happened. It all started when i accompanied my parents to buy some groceries from the newly opened Tesco Express at a shopping complex near my house here in Kuantan. The main reason we went there was actually to eat some pizzas and we did. Soon after that, we went downstairs to Tesco Express.
Everything went smooth from the beginning and my parents took all the items that they thought needed for our house and i'm the one suffering to carry all those items in just 1 basket? Well.. i didn't really mind about that plus after all i also bought somethings for myself. But as i've said before, it all went smooth from the beginning and when i said beginning i really meant it.
When we finally finished picking and throwing all the stuff into the basket and me who suffered from all the heaviness due to the many items bought, we went to a counter to pay for all those stuff. I guess nobody expected this thing will happen as old people saying in malay "Malang tidak berbau". I said this because when all the groceries were keyed into the counter computer system, my father gave his credit card to pay it. The cashier accepted the card and continue with the usual procedure then press enter. A receipt of the credit card came out, my father signed it and gave it to the cashier. Then this awful thing happened.
The credit card machine began to make problems. The light keeps blinking and the second receipt didn't come out. A higher rank worker came to solve the problem but came out with nothing. They called for the technical worker boss and asked for help. Even after following his orders, the result was hopeless. They kept trying to print another copy of the credit card receipt by pushing here and there but again nothing gained. When they called the boss again and asked him to come down and have a look for himself, he just said no, it's his free time. No, no and no. And i said to myself "What the ****? Why didn't he come down? J******." Only after almost half an hour my parents and i stood there waiting for the workers to solve the problem that we finally got our side of the receipt and we're able to go.
What i want to stress here is not the bad service at the shop but the bad attitude of the technical man boss that he didn't want to come down on his own just because it's during his free time? Damn all those people. They don't even bother about the customer but they want to make a living by selling items to them.

No comments: