Tuesday, August 30

Eid Overseas

As Eid looming near, there's the sudden feeling of homesickness that grew stronger and stronger each day. Being a guy who loves nothing more than to make his family happy, he tried so much to suppress that feeling and kept telling himself that everything will be okay come Eid.

It's his 4th raya oversea, away from family and even when classes run as usual, he felt like jumping to any first plane available and head back to his family's side to celebrate this joyous occasion. But that's not realistic. Life isn't a movie. You can't expect wonders to happen, without making it happen.

I slept late last night, to shake off that feeling of not celebrating raya with family again this year. What's more with the fact that they're celebrating raya one day earlier, hence they'll make the wish first, they'll post the pictures first when technically, it's supposed to be the other way round, considering the time difference.

Even when I woke up late, as I checked my phone and opened up my laptop, seeing all those wishes, reading the lines, written by my family just makes that sad, empty, homy feeling comes crawling into the chambers deep within my heart and I felt like tears are going to come out any time soon. Hence, comes this post.

---------------

I miss the times when we all gather around, everyone shaking hands and asking for forgiveness, starting with the youngest (Mirah) to the eldest (Kak Long) and finally we all queue in line to shake hands with Mak & Ti. Back then, me and Mirah still receive duit raya.

I miss the times when we gathered in front of Tok's house in JB, waiting eagerly for the night to come, cause that's when we'll show off our skills in playing firecrackers and everyone danced around happily playing sparkles.

I miss the times when we go around to anyone house randomly to celebrate raya and they give out duit raya, even RM1. I miss being woken up early in the morning, to get ready and prepare to go for 'Sembahyang Raya'. Sometimes after we prayed, on the way back, we stopped by 7 Eleven to get some Slurpee, just to brag that we can eat during the day again.

Lastly, I miss all those travelling times from one place to another, even when it's long but then again, it doesn't matter, because in that long period of time, we're all together, at one place. And to me, right now, that's what matters most. Being there with all of you.

---------------


Dear beloved family, relatives, friends and everyone,

Happy Eid Mubarak! Forgive me for any misdeeds and wrongdoings I've done. Here in Melbourne, today's the last day of fasting but insyaAllah, tomorrow will be a joyous occasion.

2 comments:

Ace said...

Selamat hari raya and maaf zahir batin Hasif! May your year abroad strengthen the ties you have to family. :)

Anis Hadi said...

Selamat Hari Raya Syah!! Raya is not so happening without u..Shall wait for the time when we will be reunited again, the whole family..Dun worry, u will still get ur duit raya, until u've earned ur own money ;-) Love always lil bro..Missing u from afar..Kak Long, Abg Kadzim n Khayr Aiman :)