Friday, August 19

An Old Man's Story

Yesterday while I was driving back home from hospital, I saw an old man walking down the street with a smile on his face and he was holding a cake, carefully packed in a lovely reddish-pinkish box. Straight away, a thought flew through my mind. Following that, an imaginary conversation was made between me and the old man. Here's how the story goes,

Me: Good day, Sir. You seemed very happy today. Something good happened?
Old Man: Good day to you, young man. Haha (laughing). Nothing much, really. I just can't wait to get home!
Me: (Smiling) I see you're holding a cake there. Let me guess, you're celebrating your wife's birthday?
Old Man: Wow, and how'd you figured that out? Haha (laughing). Yeah, today's my wife's birthday and I want to give her a surprise! So I bought this cake and I'll secretly wish her happy birthday.
Me: That's so sweet of you. I wish I have the chance to do the same for my wife in the future. (Smiling)
Old Man: (Smiling) Don't worry, young man. I'm sure you'll get your chance one day. Just be sure she doesn't know it or it wouldn't be a surprise!

After that, my mind produced this imaginary slideshow of how the Old Man returned home, secretly arranged the candles, light them up, hid the cake and when his wife got home, he sang the 'Happy Birthday' song while carrying the cake in his hands. The wife blew the candles with a big smile on her face, happy that even at the age of 63, her husband still go to lengths to celebrate her birthday.

"This is purely a fiction engineered by a bored mind. Not in any way is the story written here meant to have any similarities to anyone."

1 comment:

Nurul Husna said...

:)