Saturday, June 5

The Assessment Not Done Cripples A Millionaire's Dream

I just remembered about an online pathology assignment which was due today at 5pm while in the toilet. At that time, the clock showed nearly 1am the next day. Feeling so afraid that I might have missed doing the task again this time, I straight away went and check the Monash student portal and click the intended webpage. As soon as the page loaded, I find myself surprised again, for there was not only one that I forgot, but instead there were two, another one being the task I've never seen the last time I did the online quiz.

Although I know it was futile to attempt to do the quizzes at this point, I tried anyway and was left disappointed because my instinct was right. I heard from the lecture, that although these quizzes were only formative, meaning it won't contribute to the final marks at the end of the year, but not doing it will also cause you to be called in for a 'quick interview'. I didn't quite like the sound of that, and so I checked back from the first ever quiz and counted the amount that I've missed. There were four in total. Four. 4!

Its not that many is it? I mean, 4 is still considered a small number compared to 6 isn't it? Well, I hope so cause if its not, I'll be in huge trouble. Being called for not doing online quizzes which are not hurdle is definitely something I'm not looking forward to.

Hopefully this will serve as a lesson for me to learn from, as starting next semester, the quiz will become a hurdle requirement, and despite bearing a small fraction of my final year marks, like a phrase I recently read, "A man with $999, 998 cannot become a millionaire without two cents." Good stuff.

1 comment:

bUL4N said...

Can't help but to comment on this one. I only did a few of those pathology quizzes when I was in 3rd yr..I did those MCQ ones...as for the rest, sometimes I managed to make my housemate Effah answer them for me as a second attempt (on her part), sometimes I just answer 'yes','no' or simply just any names or any meaningless words that came to mind..
they don't look through all of our answers but they will randomly pick a few..I guess I was lucky that mine didnt get picked...

btw, I ran out of things to do so I just click on anyone's blog..those who put the links on FB...