Tuesday, July 13

Friends, they come and go.

I first met Hadri in 2008 when we played futsal together. I never really knew him very well, probably because he was a senior, and as a newly arrived junior, you tend to not know people around you. Everything is a new experience for you. Nevertheless, there's always one thing about Hadri which made me remembered him. He was among the superb footballer I've ever seen.

Whenever the ball's on his feet, he played like a Brazilian player, samba style, but with a mixture of some Malaysian taste. When he's dribbling, its as though the ball stucked on his feet, not too far away but yet not too close thus enabling him to perform plenty of skills and tricks that continue to amaze people. When he's on the pitch, he as cool as he was on a daily basis, putting in some jokes whenever appropriate, entertaining people around him. But when it comes to study, I'm not really sure, but I bet he must be a wise man to be able to land him a Petronas scholarship and later worked with Petronas after he graduated as an engineer.

Alas, people say good people didn't live long. And I think, perhaps that's what happened to Hadri Aidnil. I just learnt about the news when a friend of mine texted me about the incident that befallen him. He met with an accident this morning, on his way back to his workplace in Kerteh. Not too sure about the exact details, but the accident proved to be quite serious, as he passed away the same morning.

I pray that he be placed among the good people, InsyaAllah. May his soul rest in peace, and be blessed by the Almighty, amin. To dear readers, I'd like to take this moment to recite Al-Fatihah for Hadri, may it helps him in his journey of afterlife.

No comments: