Sunday, August 22

The 11th Day

Praise be to Him for today I finished my 11th day of fasting in this holy month of Ramadhan. There's still more than half month to go but I bet it won't be long before the final day comes.

Today marks the second part of this fasting month, as I recalled reading somewhere. The first ten days are the days of rahmah (mercy or blessfulness), the second ten days are the days of maghfirah (forgiveness) and the last remaining days are the days of being emancipated from the fire (of hell). And the weather today somehow reflected the shift from 1st ashra (first ten days) to the 2nd ashra (second ten days). It was unexpectedly sunny and breezy all day long. Sunny enough to finally wash my clothes after collecting for almost 2 weeks now.

Even the sky seems much more glaring and bright at night. For that, I came up with a few phrases to express how beautiful the scenery is, and perhaps to show my gratitude and amazement for His creation, so perfect and captivating.
The sky is like a sea of darkness, accompanied by waves of cloudy patches. But the moon remains bright, giving hope to anyone that watches.

And the stars, they are hard to see at first. But once you catch a glimpse, you'll never miss it again.

Though it seemed a bit late, I want to wish all Muslims around the globe Happy Ramadhan. May this month brings forth the best out of us, insyaAllah.

1 comment:

Anis Hadi said...

Happy Ramadhan too lil bro!! Love always :)