Saturday, August 21

Cravings and Satisfaction, Sell Out!

Okay, I had to admit. The title doesn't make sense.

When your cravings are fulfilled you felt the satisfaction. But Sell Out! That is so out of place. Why are they jumbled up together? Watch the video first and guess.



Makes more sense now? Haha. I'm basically craving to watch this movie at the moment. The trailer was good, and adding in all the rewards and recognition the movie received internationally, I wonder if it really is what it seems. Malaysian films tend to produce great job with their publicities and promotions, making one to think it would be worthwhile to watch the film, only to disappoint at the end of the day. But seeing how far the movie has spanned its reached, it must have something to it that draws people to watch it. Hopefully I'll have enough money to buy a ticket to its premiere in the upcoming Australian Malaysian Film Festival.

Then what's the satisfaction all about? That one is a totally different story.

I wonder, how far would one go to fulfill his cravings and be satisfied? I for example, learnt how to cook just to eat what I'm drooling to have but unable to due to lack of options. Well, there's options but its not halal. So the only other choice is to make it yourself. Last year, I was craving for onde-onde or kuih Melaka others would call it, after seeing one in a multicultural festival held in the university. But as I said before, most of them are non-halal or even if it is, you would still doubt it due to handling and when there's doubt, its best to just leave it.

So later on, I asked a friend of mine to teach me how to make onde-onde. It was difficult at first. My hands were as stiff as a wooden stick! The dough, more often than not became squished because I put in too much Malacca sugar (palm sugar). But things got better. This year, once again I'm craving for the same thing. After careful planned, I ended up spending 2 hours making the kuih. But the end result was worth the effort. I fulfilled my cravings and I'm satisfied.

Onde-onde or kuih Melaka

No comments: