Sunday, May 9

Emotions

Human emotions can be so overwhelming sometimes. Even after watching a movie, surely there's someone out there who drop tears because the ending was too sad, or the whole movie touched them deeply. I for one is easily affected by movie, although i can tell that whatever happened in a movie, there's high chances it won't happen in reality.

But it's good that we at least have emotions, and we are given limbs, face and plenty other attributes to express what we're feeling. We smile, we laugh and we sing (sometimes - me?) whenever we feel happy. Or we cry, we throw a tantrum and we curse whenever we're sad or angry. All these behaviour are directly influenced by what we're feeling at that time.

One thing that interest me is what we're feeling will eventually affect the people around us. I don't know how that happens, but i read somewhere that human brains actually send out a unique wave every time we think of something. Probably happy people send out happy thought subconsciously to those around them, and as result, everyone feels happy, for no particular reason.

A quote i learned in one of my tutes, "You don't have to go and find joy, because the joy is within you." What does that means? I assumed it says, to be happy, you don't have to go and search for it. You will always feel happy, whenever you start feeling good about yourself. All that important is YOU.

At the moment, i miss my mum. Today, everywhere i go, i saw the word mum and mother. I just realized yesterday, that today is actually Mother's Day. I've never been a big fan of mother's day celebration and all. But like i've explained before, seeing all those wishes, families enjoying dinner celebrating their mother and the whole atmosphere around me, i just wished i'm back home with my mum, wishing her well and happiness on this special day. Alas that will not be possible, as we stay in different parts of the world. For that, i hope, whenever she comes across this small life story page of mine, she'll read my wish to her and smile, cause there's nothing else i'll ask for except her happiness.

'Mak, happy mother's day! 

Thank you for all the years you looked after me and endured all my whims. I know i stepped over my limits sometimes, and yet, you never stopped caring for me. Please, bear with me some more, until one day, i'll be able to look after you.'

No comments: